John Dove & Son's.
49-51 Pitt Street, Glasgow.
There's been licensed premises here since 1867 owned by John Dove. Mr Dove was also an ale & porter merchant, exporter and family bottle store.
In 1880 Edward Bradley was one of the agents working for John Dove & Sons, the firm was also agents for Devonshire Cider and Aerated Water.
In 1899 John Dove was paying an annual rent of £50 for the premises at 57 Pitt Street. He also had a public house at 437 Argyle Street at McAlpine Street.
John Dove made his two sons partners in the firm and traded under the title of John Dove & Sons. Daniel Douglas and Peter A Dove were his sons. Peter lived at 427 St Vincent Street while Daniel lived at 21 Kelbourne Street, Kelvinside before moving to 9 Kelvingrove Street.
John Dove traded here until 1909. The next licensee was George MacFarlane who was trading here in 1911. However John's son Daniel kept on as licensee at 477 Argyle Street until 1922. Daniel then took over the Old Columba Bar at 7 Anderston Quay in 1925.
Daniel's wife then took over the pub at Anderston Quay around 1930 and closed the doors for good in 1933.