28 Pitt Street, Glasgow.
Mr John Cox behind the bar during the festive season January 1947.
There has been a pub on this site since 1867. The spirit merchant at that time was Peter McMillan.
In 1870 Alexander held the licence until 1873 followed by Wine and Spirit Merchant Andrew Fyfe. Mr Fyfe was a well-known and respected member of the trade. In 1874 when he took over the pub he was living at 138 West George Street before moving to 2 Junction Place, Alloa.
Andrew Fyfe continued serving the locals here until 1899. Alexander Buchan then took over the business, he worked hard in the bar for just over five years.
In 1906 David MacDonald was the new landlord, he work through the hard times during the First World War and gave up the pub in 1923.
Other licence holders for this old pub were Mr A S Miller, Mr L Hanratty and finally John Cox. John Cox started first in the trade as a young man working as second hand in the Tweenie Bar, 14 Pitt Street. After two years learning the trade he joined the staff at this bar as charge hand then acquired the licence on his own behalf.
John Cox was the last publican in this old pub and closed late 1940s.