Brechin's Bar.174 and 443 Gallowgate, Glasgow.
In 1888 it was reported that William Brechin & Son, Gallowgate had made the headlines, Brechin's had blended 12.000 proof gallons of the best brands of Scotch Whiskies. Such vast amounts was not heard of in those days. Publicans, Wine and Spirit Merchants hearing of this news, know how serious and busy Brechin's was and made them a household name.
When Brechins left the 174 Gallowgate premises it became known as Lynch's, John Lynch's father owned it for many years. John Lynch is better known in the east end of the city for owning the Old Barns on London Road.