The Tavern.198 Tollcross Road, Parkhead, Glasgow, G31 4UZ. Tel: 01415548498.
The Tavern. 1991.
The Tavern was remodeled in 1930 in a Tudorbethan style by architect John A Reid. Much of the original features still exist both on the exterior and interior. It was formerly used as a cabinet makers and closed down for many years, it was used as an old rag store before being turned into licensed premises.
Francis McCarroll was the first licence holder, he ran this popular tavern until 1968. Other familiar names behind the counter were Stewart Shaw, Margaret Howie, John Stewart and Joseph Ring.
There is an interesting name plate on the tenement adjacent to the Tavern, it states that at one time the address was Hill Park Place.
The Tavern 1931.