Le Cafe Noir.151 Queen Street, Glasgow. G1.
Le Cafe Noir. 1991.
This was once George Murray Frame's establishment, wholesale and retail wine, spirit, cigar and cigarette merchant. Frame's had other premises in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow Road, Clydebank, Buchanan Street, St. Vincent Street, Argyle Street and Renfield Street.
There has been licensed premises here since 1849, landlord John Lawrie had premises in Bath Street and Sauchiehall Street, he lived in Parliamentary Road before moving to Inkermann Terrace, Rothesay. He sold the Queen Street business in 1886 to David Adams.
Mr Adams ran a samll pub on Castle Street paying an annul rent of £99.00 the Queen Street premises cost him a whopping £ 360.00 per year.
In 1912 James Sloan renamed the premises The Clyde. Mr Sloan ran these premises until after the First World War.
George Murray Frame 1930s.