196-98 Stobcross Street, Glasgow.
Wilson's Bar. 1890.
To read the history of Wilson's Bar and his other famous premises. Click here.
In 1891 William Flockhart, manager of Wilson's Bar, Stobcross Street, Glasgow celebrated an interesting and pleasant ceremony which took place in the pub. The occasion being the completion by Mr Flockhart of eleven years in this establishment. A select party sat down to supper, the chair being occupied by Mr H Sheppard. After supplying in inner man, Mr John Davidson of 95 Waterloo Street, in an appropriate speech, referred to the pleasure he had, in the name of a few friends, of presenting Mr Flockhart with a handsome gold albert watch and badge, the latter bearing a suitable inscription expressive of their esteem and good wishes for his future. Mr Flockhart suitably replied, and a pleasant evening was thereafter spent in harmony and song. Among those present were, Messrs. James Gillespie (Gray & Co.) Lang (Brown & Lang) S Briton, cigar merchant, London and Adam Smith, who acted as secretary on the occasion.
Mr William Flockhart. 1892.
Mr Flockhart got his extensive training with wine and spirit merchant William Brechin, He was heavily involved in the consolidating the Glasgow Wine, Spirit and Beer Trade Employees' Benevolent Institution and was elected President. At the age of twenty eight he was one of the youngest men to hold that position.