Old Glasgow Pubs.co.uk

[ skip to navigation ]
Old Glasgow Pubs by john gorevan


Anderson's Bar.

31-33 Port Dundas Road, Glasgow.

Anderson's Bar

There has been a pub on this site since the 1870s. David Robb occupied the premises in 1875.

During the 1890s Mr James Sloan was licensee, he also owned the Royal Vaults on St. Vincent Street, and a pub on St. James Street.

From 1912 until the 1920s Alexander Harper Anderson was the proprietor, he also owned a pub at 219 Thistle Street, south side.

Matthew Reid the well known and respected Glasgow Wine & Spirit Merchant and member of the Scottish Licensed Trade owned this old pub for a short while.

During the 1930s the pub became known as the Angus Bar and was demolished in the 1960s. The pub was then run by a gentleman called John Kirkland.


Go to top of page